- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Free art show at Prairie Street Gallery benefits Arts Council
Rockford’s Prairie Street Gallery will host an art show from 4 to 10 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 1, and from 4 to 9 p.m., Friday, Dec. 2, to support the Rockford Area Arts Council’s programming.
Prairie Street Gallery is inside Prairie Street Brewhouse, 200 Prairie St., Rockford.
The holiday art show will showcase works of art in varied media of watercolor, acrylic, pottery, photography and multi-media. Artists include Ellyn Ahmer, Jim Barbagallo, Shawn Barbagallo, Tamarra BaVincio-Legge, Paul Burkholder, Tabatha Dougherty, Julie Ekstam, Mary Kerchner, Aryn Kresol, Cynthia Linnabary, Nancy McManus Olson, Barbara McNamara, Tim Monroe, Melinda Peterson-Fluaitt, Bob Reaven, Carolyn Repka, Teresa Schwiesow, Ted Simmering, Ken Staaf, Donna Thomas, Tracy Tripplett, Meghan Turley and Sandi Uram.
The artwork will be sold at holiday price points, and 50 percent of the sale price will be donated to support the Rockford Area Arts Council’s programs. Admission is free.
Call the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or visit www.artsforeveryone.com for more details.
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue