- Wired Cafe marks 5 years downtown
- TRRT Online Edition | July 8-14
- Most state workers pay frozen
- AG’s, comptroller’s offices to meet in court Tuesday
- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
Free art show at Prairie Street Gallery benefits Arts Council
Rockford’s Prairie Street Gallery will host an art show from 4 to 10 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 1, and from 4 to 9 p.m., Friday, Dec. 2, to support the Rockford Area Arts Council’s programming.
Prairie Street Gallery is inside Prairie Street Brewhouse, 200 Prairie St., Rockford.
The holiday art show will showcase works of art in varied media of watercolor, acrylic, pottery, photography and multi-media. Artists include Ellyn Ahmer, Jim Barbagallo, Shawn Barbagallo, Tamarra BaVincio-Legge, Paul Burkholder, Tabatha Dougherty, Julie Ekstam, Mary Kerchner, Aryn Kresol, Cynthia Linnabary, Nancy McManus Olson, Barbara McNamara, Tim Monroe, Melinda Peterson-Fluaitt, Bob Reaven, Carolyn Repka, Teresa Schwiesow, Ted Simmering, Ken Staaf, Donna Thomas, Tracy Tripplett, Meghan Turley and Sandi Uram.
The artwork will be sold at holiday price points, and 50 percent of the sale price will be donated to support the Rockford Area Arts Council’s programs. Admission is free.
Call the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or visit www.artsforeveryone.com for more details.
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue