- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Lieutenant governor announces first edition of the Rural Counties Newsletter
Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon invites the public to visit their website and the first edition of the Rural Counties Newsletter (http://www2.illinois.gov/ltgov/Documents/GRAC%20agendas/Rural%20Counties%20Newsletter%20-%20Fall%202011.pdf) provided by the Office of Lieutenant Governor.
Items of interest included in this quarter’s newsletter are:
• Save The Date: The Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs at Western Illinois University has set dates for its upcoming spring conference in Peoria.
• School and District Efficiency Survey: Simon’s Classrooms First Commission wants to hear your ideas on how to improve efficiency and learning at school districts statewide (http://www2.illinois.gov/ltgov/Pages/CFCPublicComment.aspx).
• Governor Quinn Launches $78 Million Initiative to Support Small and Start-Up Businesses — IL DCEO
• Assistance to Rural Community Water Supplies (CWS) — IL EPA
• IL Dept of Agriculture Programs: Community Gardens, Illinois Wine Industry, and Illinois Products
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue