- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Lieutenant governor announces first edition of the Rural Counties Newsletter
Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon invites the public to visit their website and the first edition of the Rural Counties Newsletter (http://www2.illinois.gov/ltgov/Documents/GRAC%20agendas/Rural%20Counties%20Newsletter%20-%20Fall%202011.pdf) provided by the Office of Lieutenant Governor.
Items of interest included in this quarter’s newsletter are:
• Save The Date: The Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs at Western Illinois University has set dates for its upcoming spring conference in Peoria.
• School and District Efficiency Survey: Simon’s Classrooms First Commission wants to hear your ideas on how to improve efficiency and learning at school districts statewide (http://www2.illinois.gov/ltgov/Pages/CFCPublicComment.aspx).
• Governor Quinn Launches $78 Million Initiative to Support Small and Start-Up Businesses — IL DCEO
• Assistance to Rural Community Water Supplies (CWS) — IL EPA
• IL Dept of Agriculture Programs: Community Gardens, Illinois Wine Industry, and Illinois Products
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue