- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Lieutenant governor announces first edition of the Rural Counties Newsletter
Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon invites the public to visit their website and the first edition of the Rural Counties Newsletter (http://www2.illinois.gov/ltgov/Documents/GRAC%20agendas/Rural%20Counties%20Newsletter%20-%20Fall%202011.pdf) provided by the Office of Lieutenant Governor.
Items of interest included in this quarter’s newsletter are:
• Save The Date: The Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs at Western Illinois University has set dates for its upcoming spring conference in Peoria.
• School and District Efficiency Survey: Simon’s Classrooms First Commission wants to hear your ideas on how to improve efficiency and learning at school districts statewide (http://www2.illinois.gov/ltgov/Pages/CFCPublicComment.aspx).
• Governor Quinn Launches $78 Million Initiative to Support Small and Start-Up Businesses — IL DCEO
• Assistance to Rural Community Water Supplies (CWS) — IL EPA
• IL Dept of Agriculture Programs: Community Gardens, Illinois Wine Industry, and Illinois Products
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue