- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Lieutenant governor announces first edition of the Rural Counties Newsletter
Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon invites the public to visit their website and the first edition of the Rural Counties Newsletter (http://www2.illinois.gov/ltgov/Documents/GRAC%20agendas/Rural%20Counties%20Newsletter%20-%20Fall%202011.pdf) provided by the Office of Lieutenant Governor.
Items of interest included in this quarter’s newsletter are:
• Save The Date: The Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs at Western Illinois University has set dates for its upcoming spring conference in Peoria.
• School and District Efficiency Survey: Simon’s Classrooms First Commission wants to hear your ideas on how to improve efficiency and learning at school districts statewide (http://www2.illinois.gov/ltgov/Pages/CFCPublicComment.aspx).
• Governor Quinn Launches $78 Million Initiative to Support Small and Start-Up Businesses — IL DCEO
• Assistance to Rural Community Water Supplies (CWS) — IL EPA
• IL Dept of Agriculture Programs: Community Gardens, Illinois Wine Industry, and Illinois Products
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue