- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Lieutenant governor announces first edition of the Rural Counties Newsletter
Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon invites the public to visit their website and the first edition of the Rural Counties Newsletter (http://www2.illinois.gov/ltgov/Documents/GRAC%20agendas/Rural%20Counties%20Newsletter%20-%20Fall%202011.pdf) provided by the Office of Lieutenant Governor.
Items of interest included in this quarter’s newsletter are:
• Save The Date: The Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs at Western Illinois University has set dates for its upcoming spring conference in Peoria.
• School and District Efficiency Survey: Simon’s Classrooms First Commission wants to hear your ideas on how to improve efficiency and learning at school districts statewide (http://www2.illinois.gov/ltgov/Pages/CFCPublicComment.aspx).
• Governor Quinn Launches $78 Million Initiative to Support Small and Start-Up Businesses — IL DCEO
• Assistance to Rural Community Water Supplies (CWS) — IL EPA
• IL Dept of Agriculture Programs: Community Gardens, Illinois Wine Industry, and Illinois Products
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue