- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
RAMI Musicians Organization Christmas Party Dec. 1
The Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Musicians Organization will hold its Second Annual Christmas Party starting at 6 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 1, at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
Appetizers will be served and music will be performed by RAMI Youth Charity Jam finalist Sarah Griffin and other area musicians.
Memberships may be renewed or purchased at the door — $10 for one year or $15 for two years per person. Venue operators may join at $20 per year. You must be a member to vote in the music and technicians award categories.
Nominations in the music and technicians categories, as well as the People’s Choice Categories, Artist of the Year, Favorite Venue and Favorite Radio Station, Community Service and Lifetime Achievement will be accepted until Dec. 31. Band members/performers may submit their nomination online at www.ramiawards.com.
Dec. 31 — Nominations end
Jan. 30, 2012 — Youth Charity Jam applications deadline
Jan. 30, 2012 — Recording nominations deadline
Feb. 25, 2012 — Youth Charity Jam auditions
March 10, 2012 — 14th Annual Spring Benefit
March 17, 2012 — Voting ends
April 14, 2012 — Youth Charity Jam
April 20, 2012 — 21st Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony
Sept. 14, 2012 — First RAMI Golf Play Day
For more details, e-mail email@example.com or call Dan Eisman at (815) 546-3021.
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue