- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- Editorial: Got the giving spirit? Here are some places to spread it
- Week 16 NFL picks: Colts will top Cowboys, Manziel will get first win
- NIU Huskies face Marshall Thundering Herd in Boca Raton Bowl
Rockford Bands Together Dec. 3
Rockford Bands Together — featuring the Rockford Wind Ensemble, the Salvation Army Rockford Temple Band and the debut performance of the Rockford Jazz Ensemble — will provide an evening of music to benefit the Salvation Army at 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3.
The event will be at Rockford First Auditorium, 5950 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
The Rockford Wind Ensemble and the Salvation Army Rockford Temple Band will both perform a program filled with the sounds of traditional Christmas classics and contemporary holiday favorites.
The finale for the evening will be the premiere performance of the Rockford Jazz Ensemble.
Some of the finest jazz musicians from the Rockford area will perform an entertaining assortment of selections ranging from Big Band to modern, as well as contemporary jazz carols.
Tickets are $15 for adults ($12 in advance), $6 for seniors, $5 for students, and will be available at the door. Advance tickets are available at the Rockford Area Arts Council, or by calling (815) 227-8550.
Visit www.rockfordwindensemble.org or call (815) 227-8550 for more details.
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue