- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
Rockford Bands Together Dec. 3
Rockford Bands Together — featuring the Rockford Wind Ensemble, the Salvation Army Rockford Temple Band and the debut performance of the Rockford Jazz Ensemble — will provide an evening of music to benefit the Salvation Army at 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3.
The event will be at Rockford First Auditorium, 5950 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
The Rockford Wind Ensemble and the Salvation Army Rockford Temple Band will both perform a program filled with the sounds of traditional Christmas classics and contemporary holiday favorites.
The finale for the evening will be the premiere performance of the Rockford Jazz Ensemble.
Some of the finest jazz musicians from the Rockford area will perform an entertaining assortment of selections ranging from Big Band to modern, as well as contemporary jazz carols.
Tickets are $15 for adults ($12 in advance), $6 for seniors, $5 for students, and will be available at the door. Advance tickets are available at the Rockford Area Arts Council, or by calling (815) 227-8550.
Visit www.rockfordwindensemble.org or call (815) 227-8550 for more details.
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue