- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Rockford Bands Together Dec. 3
Rockford Bands Together — featuring the Rockford Wind Ensemble, the Salvation Army Rockford Temple Band and the debut performance of the Rockford Jazz Ensemble — will provide an evening of music to benefit the Salvation Army at 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3.
The event will be at Rockford First Auditorium, 5950 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
The Rockford Wind Ensemble and the Salvation Army Rockford Temple Band will both perform a program filled with the sounds of traditional Christmas classics and contemporary holiday favorites.
The finale for the evening will be the premiere performance of the Rockford Jazz Ensemble.
Some of the finest jazz musicians from the Rockford area will perform an entertaining assortment of selections ranging from Big Band to modern, as well as contemporary jazz carols.
Tickets are $15 for adults ($12 in advance), $6 for seniors, $5 for students, and will be available at the door. Advance tickets are available at the Rockford Area Arts Council, or by calling (815) 227-8550.
Visit www.rockfordwindensemble.org or call (815) 227-8550 for more details.
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue