- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Rockford Bands Together Dec. 3
Rockford Bands Together — featuring the Rockford Wind Ensemble, the Salvation Army Rockford Temple Band and the debut performance of the Rockford Jazz Ensemble — will provide an evening of music to benefit the Salvation Army at 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3.
The event will be at Rockford First Auditorium, 5950 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
The Rockford Wind Ensemble and the Salvation Army Rockford Temple Band will both perform a program filled with the sounds of traditional Christmas classics and contemporary holiday favorites.
The finale for the evening will be the premiere performance of the Rockford Jazz Ensemble.
Some of the finest jazz musicians from the Rockford area will perform an entertaining assortment of selections ranging from Big Band to modern, as well as contemporary jazz carols.
Tickets are $15 for adults ($12 in advance), $6 for seniors, $5 for students, and will be available at the door. Advance tickets are available at the Rockford Area Arts Council, or by calling (815) 227-8550.
Visit www.rockfordwindensemble.org or call (815) 227-8550 for more details.
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue