- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Students receive academic awards for accounting
Financial Executives International Rockford Chapter presented $1,000 Accounting & Finance Academic Awards to William Newkirk, a senior at Rockford College; Rikki Lewis, of Roscoe, Ill., a student at Northern Illinois University (NIU); and Stefan Thomas, of Glen Ellyn, also a student at NIU.
The $1,000 awards, presented at the group’s November meeting, are to be used for tuition expenses. To be considered for the award, students must be pursuing degrees in accounting or finance. Applicants were required to submit a résumé and cover letter applying for a fictitious entry-level staff accountant position. Submissions were then critiqued by members of the selection committee and returned with constructive comments.
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue