- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
SwedishAmerican Holiday Tree Lighting Dec. 1
SwedishAmerican Hospital will kick off the holidays with its annual Holiday Tree Lighting. The celebration will be from 2 to 4 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 1, in the concourse area adjacent to the State Street entrance to the hospital, 1401 E. State St.
This year’s tree will celebrate SwedishAmerican’s 100th anniversary with a Charles Dickens theme. A highlight of the event will be therapy dogs from SwedishAmerican’s Caring Canines program. The dogs, who have completed training and visit patients within the hospital, will be dressed as Santa and his reindeer.
In addition, Dr. Bill Gorski, president and CEO for SwedishAmerican, will offer a brief holiday message, and local musician Carl Cole will entertain visitors throughout the afternoon. Holiday cookies, punch and coffee will be served to all.
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue