- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
SwedishAmerican Holiday Tree Lighting Dec. 1
SwedishAmerican Hospital will kick off the holidays with its annual Holiday Tree Lighting. The celebration will be from 2 to 4 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 1, in the concourse area adjacent to the State Street entrance to the hospital, 1401 E. State St.
This year’s tree will celebrate SwedishAmerican’s 100th anniversary with a Charles Dickens theme. A highlight of the event will be therapy dogs from SwedishAmerican’s Caring Canines program. The dogs, who have completed training and visit patients within the hospital, will be dressed as Santa and his reindeer.
In addition, Dr. Bill Gorski, president and CEO for SwedishAmerican, will offer a brief holiday message, and local musician Carl Cole will entertain visitors throughout the afternoon. Holiday cookies, punch and coffee will be served to all.
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue