- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
SwedishAmerican Holiday Tree Lighting Dec. 1
SwedishAmerican Hospital will kick off the holidays with its annual Holiday Tree Lighting. The celebration will be from 2 to 4 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 1, in the concourse area adjacent to the State Street entrance to the hospital, 1401 E. State St.
This year’s tree will celebrate SwedishAmerican’s 100th anniversary with a Charles Dickens theme. A highlight of the event will be therapy dogs from SwedishAmerican’s Caring Canines program. The dogs, who have completed training and visit patients within the hospital, will be dressed as Santa and his reindeer.
In addition, Dr. Bill Gorski, president and CEO for SwedishAmerican, will offer a brief holiday message, and local musician Carl Cole will entertain visitors throughout the afternoon. Holiday cookies, punch and coffee will be served to all.
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue