- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
SwedishAmerican Holiday Tree Lighting Dec. 1
SwedishAmerican Hospital will kick off the holidays with its annual Holiday Tree Lighting. The celebration will be from 2 to 4 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 1, in the concourse area adjacent to the State Street entrance to the hospital, 1401 E. State St.
This year’s tree will celebrate SwedishAmerican’s 100th anniversary with a Charles Dickens theme. A highlight of the event will be therapy dogs from SwedishAmerican’s Caring Canines program. The dogs, who have completed training and visit patients within the hospital, will be dressed as Santa and his reindeer.
In addition, Dr. Bill Gorski, president and CEO for SwedishAmerican, will offer a brief holiday message, and local musician Carl Cole will entertain visitors throughout the afternoon. Holiday cookies, punch and coffee will be served to all.
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue