- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
SwedishAmerican Holiday Tree Lighting Dec. 1
SwedishAmerican Hospital will kick off the holidays with its annual Holiday Tree Lighting. The celebration will be from 2 to 4 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 1, in the concourse area adjacent to the State Street entrance to the hospital, 1401 E. State St.
This year’s tree will celebrate SwedishAmerican’s 100th anniversary with a Charles Dickens theme. A highlight of the event will be therapy dogs from SwedishAmerican’s Caring Canines program. The dogs, who have completed training and visit patients within the hospital, will be dressed as Santa and his reindeer.
In addition, Dr. Bill Gorski, president and CEO for SwedishAmerican, will offer a brief holiday message, and local musician Carl Cole will entertain visitors throughout the afternoon. Holiday cookies, punch and coffee will be served to all.
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue