- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
Where has all the trust gone?
Several of our politicians lie before they get into office, spending enormous amounts of money to get there and then selling the people out who elected them. We must have a great many Pinocchios who get into office with mighty long noses. Most of them must have short memory of the past to correct better conditions for the future. They should hire some professional scrutinizers to keep them on the right path so the American people can get a fair result for what they pay for. Most middle-class families work hard through their productive years to reach some sort of retirement and then having much of their productive earnings taken away by some politicians selling their souls to lobbyists that should be incarcerated for their dealings.
It’s about time some of our representatives got off the one-way street and analyze what’s really happening on the other road. It must be very obvious they are doing the job that the American people are paying and striving for. Just keep the rich much richer while the middle class with all their hard-earned tax money squandered on Wall Street and Washington and then expecting the middle class to pay for all the mistakes they made. What kind of a game is that?
I don’t think they know if they’re afoot or horseback!
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue