- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Where has all the trust gone?
Several of our politicians lie before they get into office, spending enormous amounts of money to get there and then selling the people out who elected them. We must have a great many Pinocchios who get into office with mighty long noses. Most of them must have short memory of the past to correct better conditions for the future. They should hire some professional scrutinizers to keep them on the right path so the American people can get a fair result for what they pay for. Most middle-class families work hard through their productive years to reach some sort of retirement and then having much of their productive earnings taken away by some politicians selling their souls to lobbyists that should be incarcerated for their dealings.
It’s about time some of our representatives got off the one-way street and analyze what’s really happening on the other road. It must be very obvious they are doing the job that the American people are paying and striving for. Just keep the rich much richer while the middle class with all their hard-earned tax money squandered on Wall Street and Washington and then expecting the middle class to pay for all the mistakes they made. What kind of a game is that?
I don’t think they know if they’re afoot or horseback!
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue