- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Where has all the trust gone?
Several of our politicians lie before they get into office, spending enormous amounts of money to get there and then selling the people out who elected them. We must have a great many Pinocchios who get into office with mighty long noses. Most of them must have short memory of the past to correct better conditions for the future. They should hire some professional scrutinizers to keep them on the right path so the American people can get a fair result for what they pay for. Most middle-class families work hard through their productive years to reach some sort of retirement and then having much of their productive earnings taken away by some politicians selling their souls to lobbyists that should be incarcerated for their dealings.
It’s about time some of our representatives got off the one-way street and analyze what’s really happening on the other road. It must be very obvious they are doing the job that the American people are paying and striving for. Just keep the rich much richer while the middle class with all their hard-earned tax money squandered on Wall Street and Washington and then expecting the middle class to pay for all the mistakes they made. What kind of a game is that?
I don’t think they know if they’re afoot or horseback!
From the Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2011, issue