- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
42nd Annual Country Music Show Toy Drive Dec. 4 in DeKalb
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — Organizer Gary Mullis of DeKalb, Ill., will put on his 42nd Annual Country Music Show Toy Drive from 1:30 to 5 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 4, at The House Café, 263 E. Lincoln Hwy. (corner of Third Street and Lincoln Highway) in DeKalb.
The show will feature open mike country music, bluegrass, gospel, Christmas songs, and old favorites.
Mullis started this toy drive in December 1970 in Cortland, Ill., at Cortland Town Hall. Mullis will perform, singing his award-winning songs on the show backed up by his band CMKT4.
Mullis won a Song of the Year for a Gold Record in 2009, “Keep It Country.” In 2010, he won a Platinum Record and a Song Writer of the Year for “Doing the Christmas Boogie.” Kimberly Glover recorded it on her Christmas CD, and it went on air in the USA and overseas.
Mullis also won a Platinum Record for a Hank Williams Recitation and Grand Ole Opry star Ray Wix, who sang it on CD. It was a Top 10 hit, making No. 9 on radio and Australia in 2011.
Some featured performers on the show will be Jim Gibson, Bluegrass Group, John Thorn, Basically Bluegrass Band maybe), The Kings Brothers Gospel, Sweet Peas an’ Pods, and Dave Guzzardo and The Destination Unknown (country).
MC will be Brian Adams of B95 Radio. Everyone is invited to come enjoy the show and bring a toy to be donated to the Salvation Army in DeKalb.