- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
42nd Annual Country Music Show Toy Drive Dec. 4 in DeKalb
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — Organizer Gary Mullis of DeKalb, Ill., will put on his 42nd Annual Country Music Show Toy Drive from 1:30 to 5 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 4, at The House Café, 263 E. Lincoln Hwy. (corner of Third Street and Lincoln Highway) in DeKalb.
The show will feature open mike country music, bluegrass, gospel, Christmas songs, and old favorites.
Mullis started this toy drive in December 1970 in Cortland, Ill., at Cortland Town Hall. Mullis will perform, singing his award-winning songs on the show backed up by his band CMKT4.
Mullis won a Song of the Year for a Gold Record in 2009, “Keep It Country.” In 2010, he won a Platinum Record and a Song Writer of the Year for “Doing the Christmas Boogie.” Kimberly Glover recorded it on her Christmas CD, and it went on air in the USA and overseas.
Mullis also won a Platinum Record for a Hank Williams Recitation and Grand Ole Opry star Ray Wix, who sang it on CD. It was a Top 10 hit, making No. 9 on radio and Australia in 2011.
Some featured performers on the show will be Jim Gibson, Bluegrass Group, John Thorn, Basically Bluegrass Band maybe), The Kings Brothers Gospel, Sweet Peas an’ Pods, and Dave Guzzardo and The Destination Unknown (country).
MC will be Brian Adams of B95 Radio. Everyone is invited to come enjoy the show and bring a toy to be donated to the Salvation Army in DeKalb.