- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
First Presbyterian Church building for sale
After more than 10 years at the 406 N. Main St. location in downtown Rockford, the members of First Presbyterian Church have voted to place their building and property for sale Jan. 1, 2012. The congregation is now in a thoughtful, prayerful process of considering their many relocation options for the church and its mission. Meantime, the worship services, programs, associations, partnerships and community service projects will continue as before. Track the news and progress at www.firstpresrockford.com.
From the Dec. 7-13, 2011, issue