- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
First Presbyterian Church building for sale
After more than 10 years at the 406 N. Main St. location in downtown Rockford, the members of First Presbyterian Church have voted to place their building and property for sale Jan. 1, 2012. The congregation is now in a thoughtful, prayerful process of considering their many relocation options for the church and its mission. Meantime, the worship services, programs, associations, partnerships and community service projects will continue as before. Track the news and progress at www.firstpresrockford.com.
From the Dec. 7-13, 2011, issue