- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Holland Zander, John Bishoff at JustGoods Dec. 16
• Vocalist, guitarist join forces as Fear & Desire for free show
Holland Zander and John Bishoff will perform as Fear & Desire at 7 p.m., Friday, Dec. 16, at JustGoods Listening Room, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
Admission to the show is free, and refreshments will be available. Those making a contribution will receive a Fear and Desire CD.
Zander and Bishoff released their first album together in 2007, titled Fear and Desire. The album is a collection of songs about love, all composed, recorded and arranged by Bishoff.
Zander has been singing for nearly all of her life and is well known for fronting the pop-rock group The Snaggs, as well as for being the lead vocalist in The Sensations.
Guitarist Bishoff is a Lifetime Achievement and Composer of the Year Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) award winner. He has played and recorded with Emery Christiansen and flautist, Nicholas Gunn. Several new songs will be previewed from a new Fear & Desire album, Never Been Here Again, due in early 2012.
Guest vocalist Samantha Owen will join Zander and Bishoff, along with Dave Timmcke on acoustic bass and Ron Holm on guitar and harmonica.
JustGoods can be reached at (815) 965-8903.
From the Dec. 7-13, 2011, issue