- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Joe Jencks performs in Concert Conversations Dec. 13
You are invited to another session of the Concert Conversations series “Recorded Live for Broadcast” featuring Joe Jencks at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 13, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
These are live sessions “Recorded Live for Broadcast” to which the public is invited in a beautiful acoustic room with a seating limited to 80 people.
Price is $10 a ticket. Refreshments will be available. The series is presented by Snapshotmusic.com.
The mission of Concert Conversations is to give the artist a comfortable (and acoustically delicious) space with professional sound and lighting in which to share with an attentive and intelligent audience, the passion of the art that drives him or her.
Former Rockfordian Joe Jencks is an international touring performer and award-winning songwriter who ministers to the human spirit in his music.
According to the Seattle Folklore Society: “A Joe Jencks concert is definitely not a visit to the inner world of some guy with a guitar who would like us alla to sit still and listen politely. It’s an occasion for singing, a contagious rising up of voices, an act of joy and defiance! … Tapping into the latent, nearly mystical beauty that a roomful of people can unleash by singing together.”
Joe has earned wide recognition for his songs about working people, and for his unique merging of musical beauty, social consciousness, and spiritual exploration. Joe weaves a diverse web of stories with brilliant musical skill, ensnaring even the most rigid of hearts, inviting them to open.
Whether performing at a union conference or folk festival, or at an intimate club or house concert, Joe manages to make any audience feel welcome, valued, and part of a community. His lifelong interest in folk music led him to undergraduate and graduate studies in vocal music performance, choral conducting, and music education. He applies the skills of this well-rounded training, using his lush and lyrical voice to enchant, heal and inspire to action.
Joe Jencks has won numerous songwriting awards for his original work and has an ability to connect genuinely and intimately with audiences of diverse ages and backgrounds.
Joe Jencks is a dual U.S./Irish citizen living in the U.S. and merges traditions from both countries in his eclectic and vibrant musical presentation. He has shared the stage with numerous folk artists including Pete Seeger, Utah Phillips, Holly Near, John McCutcheon, Pat Humprhries and Bill Staines.
Admission is $10; seating is limited to the first 80 people who arrive. For more details, call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.Snapshotmusic.com.
From the Dec. 7-13, 2011, issue