- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Local authors featured Dec. 10-11 at Holiday Gift Expo in Freeport
FREEPORT, Ill. — As part of the Freeport/Stephenson County Visitors Center’s 2011 Holiday Gift Expo featuring locally-made gift items or gifts that commemorate local history or culture, several local authors will be doing a book signing from 1 to 3 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 10-11.
Authors featured Saturday include Peggy Badgett, Harriett Gustason, Glenn Johnson and Sue Langenberg. Sunday, Bryant Buck, Dr. Edward Finch, Pat McClellan, Dr. Roland Tolliver and Sue Langenberg will be at the center.
The authors have written books ranging from local history to the story of one man’s faith journey in prison. Featured books include both adult and children’s books.
Connie Sorn, executive director of the Visitors Center, said: “We sell a lot of books during the Holiday Expo, but to be able to give the gift of a personally-signed local book is even more special. We appreciate the talents of our local authors and are pleased to be able to feature them during our expo.”
The Holiday Gift Expo will be on display through Jan. 8, 2012.
Featured authors and their books include: Peggy Badgett, Romancing the Bike; Harriet Gustason, Looking Back; Glenn Johnson, From Chains to Change; Sue Langenberg, Hot Flashes; Bryant Buck, My First Christian ABC Book and The Prayer Warrior; Dr. Edward Finch, Beneath the Waves: The Life and Navy of CPT. Edward L. Beach Jr.; Pat McClellan and granddaughter Reagan N. Riley, illustrator, The Anxious Caterpillar; and Dr. Roland Tolliver, Late Night Lattes and Midnight Musings and For Love of Community.
The Visitors Center, 4596 U.S. Hwy. 20, east of Freeport, is open 8 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. Funded by private donations, the center is designed to promote economic growth in Freeport and Stephenson County.