- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Rockford Historical Society holds membership drive
Winter is approaching, and the year 2011 is quickly drawing to a close. The Rockford Historical Society announces its annual membership drive for the year 2012. These are challenging economic times for all of us, including nonprofit organizations. You can be part of this local historical organization that will give you a comprehensive view of our local history. The Rockford Historical Society provides special programs, projects, field trips and meetings for which you will be notified as they occur throughout the year. Your paid membership also includes the cost of the Society’s local research paper called Nuggets.
Cost of membership is: $15 individual, $20 family, $30 for a Contributing Member, or $150 for a Life Member. You can contribute in other ways as well. The Society would like to know, what are your interests? You could give a presentation; research a historic home, business or person; write an article for Nuggets of History; or help in planning and organizing a Society activity.
To join, send your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and your check to: Linda K. Robertson, 1745 Douglas St., Rockford, IL 61103-4725. If you have any questions, call Linda at (815) 964-1882.
Your membership for January-December 2012 will be greatly appreciated!
From the Dec. 7-13, 2011, issue