- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Rockford Historical Society holds membership drive
Winter is approaching, and the year 2011 is quickly drawing to a close. The Rockford Historical Society announces its annual membership drive for the year 2012. These are challenging economic times for all of us, including nonprofit organizations. You can be part of this local historical organization that will give you a comprehensive view of our local history. The Rockford Historical Society provides special programs, projects, field trips and meetings for which you will be notified as they occur throughout the year. Your paid membership also includes the cost of the Society’s local research paper called Nuggets.
Cost of membership is: $15 individual, $20 family, $30 for a Contributing Member, or $150 for a Life Member. You can contribute in other ways as well. The Society would like to know, what are your interests? You could give a presentation; research a historic home, business or person; write an article for Nuggets of History; or help in planning and organizing a Society activity.
To join, send your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and your check to: Linda K. Robertson, 1745 Douglas St., Rockford, IL 61103-4725. If you have any questions, call Linda at (815) 964-1882.
Your membership for January-December 2012 will be greatly appreciated!
From the Dec. 7-13, 2011, issue