- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Blood drive Dec. 17 for 3-year-old cancer patient
Family and friends are hosting a blood drive in support of 3-year-old cancer patient Christopher Rydeberg, from 2-6 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 17, at the Verdi Club, 782 N. Madison St.
In fact, since each blood donation is separated into components, you can actually help save three lives with one donation! One in three people will need blood in their lifetime. You never know when it might be you or someone you love who will need blood.
For more information or to schedule an appointment to donate, please call (815) 968-8119.
You should be eligible to donate blood if you are at least 17 years old (16 years old with parental consent), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in general good health.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center serves as a centralized, community blood center and is the only provider of blood products and services to Edgerton Hospital and Health Services, Beloit Health System, FHN, Mercy Harvard Hospital, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rochelle Community Hospital, Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and SwedishAmerican Medical Center-Belvidere. For more information or to make an appointment to donate blood, call toll free 877-RRVBC-99 or find RRVBC on the web at www.rrvbc.org.
From the Dec. 14-20, 2011, issue