- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Blood drive Dec. 17 for 3-year-old cancer patient
Family and friends are hosting a blood drive in support of 3-year-old cancer patient Christopher Rydeberg, from 2-6 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 17, at the Verdi Club, 782 N. Madison St.
In fact, since each blood donation is separated into components, you can actually help save three lives with one donation! One in three people will need blood in their lifetime. You never know when it might be you or someone you love who will need blood.
For more information or to schedule an appointment to donate, please call (815) 968-8119.
You should be eligible to donate blood if you are at least 17 years old (16 years old with parental consent), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in general good health.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center serves as a centralized, community blood center and is the only provider of blood products and services to Edgerton Hospital and Health Services, Beloit Health System, FHN, Mercy Harvard Hospital, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rochelle Community Hospital, Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and SwedishAmerican Medical Center-Belvidere. For more information or to make an appointment to donate blood, call toll free 877-RRVBC-99 or find RRVBC on the web at www.rrvbc.org.
From the Dec. 14-20, 2011, issue