- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Blood drive Dec. 17 for 3-year-old cancer patient
Family and friends are hosting a blood drive in support of 3-year-old cancer patient Christopher Rydeberg, from 2-6 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 17, at the Verdi Club, 782 N. Madison St.
In fact, since each blood donation is separated into components, you can actually help save three lives with one donation! One in three people will need blood in their lifetime. You never know when it might be you or someone you love who will need blood.
For more information or to schedule an appointment to donate, please call (815) 968-8119.
You should be eligible to donate blood if you are at least 17 years old (16 years old with parental consent), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in general good health.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center serves as a centralized, community blood center and is the only provider of blood products and services to Edgerton Hospital and Health Services, Beloit Health System, FHN, Mercy Harvard Hospital, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rochelle Community Hospital, Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and SwedishAmerican Medical Center-Belvidere. For more information or to make an appointment to donate blood, call toll free 877-RRVBC-99 or find RRVBC on the web at www.rrvbc.org.
From the Dec. 14-20, 2011, issue