- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Entries sought for amateur outdoor photography contest
Entries from Winnebago County residents are sought for Winnebago County Soil and Water Conservation District’s (SWCD) amateur outdoor photography contest.
Participants can enter as many as five photos total that fit into any of the following categories: conservation practices, close-up conservation, conservation in action, and agriculture/conservation across America.
One winner will be selected for each category and age division and will be awarded at the Winnebago County SWCD Annual Meeting Friday, Jan. 27, 2012. Winning photos may be forwarded to the state level.
From the Dec. 14-20, 2011, issue