- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Help Rural Oaks Neighborhood with votes
A $25,000 grant request from Pepsi Corporation to restore and preserve Rural Oaks’ Business and Neighborhood area (corner of Rural, Guilford and Prospect) has been APPROVED for VOTING!
This means that everyone needs to vote for this project on www.refresheverything.com/ruraloaks beginning today through Dec. 31.
We only have the month of December to accumulate as many votes as possible to win And, you don’t have to be from Rockford, Ill. … anyone can vote with a Facebook account!
To help with this project, you could also:
1. Inform your neighborhood residents to vote (in any format you have available: Facebook, newsletter, e-mail, etc.)
2. Distribute an e-mail notification as a reminder to vote
3. Pass out fliers
4. Send out regular e-mail blasts
5. Make a poster and place it at your business
These are just a few ideas that I have. If you have other ideas or would like to assist on this project, please contact me.
I have updated a color flier for you to distribute.
Thank you for your support in advance.
North Highland Square
From the Dec. 14-20, 2011, issue