- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Help Rural Oaks Neighborhood with votes
A $25,000 grant request from Pepsi Corporation to restore and preserve Rural Oaks’ Business and Neighborhood area (corner of Rural, Guilford and Prospect) has been APPROVED for VOTING!
This means that everyone needs to vote for this project on www.refresheverything.com/ruraloaks beginning today through Dec. 31.
We only have the month of December to accumulate as many votes as possible to win And, you don’t have to be from Rockford, Ill. … anyone can vote with a Facebook account!
To help with this project, you could also:
1. Inform your neighborhood residents to vote (in any format you have available: Facebook, newsletter, e-mail, etc.)
2. Distribute an e-mail notification as a reminder to vote
3. Pass out fliers
4. Send out regular e-mail blasts
5. Make a poster and place it at your business
These are just a few ideas that I have. If you have other ideas or would like to assist on this project, please contact me.
I have updated a color flier for you to distribute.
Thank you for your support in advance.
North Highland Square
From the Dec. 14-20, 2011, issue