- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Pro Hockey: Book perfect gift for the Blackhawks fan on your list
By Doug Halberstadt
If it were a football game, we’d be at the 2-minute warning. Instead, it’s the Christmas shopping season and the clock is merely winding down. Not to worry, though, if you’ve got a sports fan on your list. They are usually extremely easy to buy for. Get them something/anything that has their favorite team’s logo on it and,c voilà, you’ve got a great gift they’ll love and cherish for the rest of their life.
I have found a unique gift if you have a Chicago Blackhawks fan on your list. I assume it’s safe to say he/she already has everything from head to toe adorned with the greatest logo in all of professional sports. So this year, don’t get caught at the last minute running all over town looking for an officially licensed NHL Blackhawks Snuggie or Chia Pet.
Instead, take my advice and get them the book 100 Things Blackhawks Fans Should Know and Do Before They Die by Tab Bamford and a forward written by former Hawks’ player Jeremy Roenick. The 255-page soft-cover book is like a pre-written bucket list for the diehard Chicago hockey fan.
According to the back cover, this book “is the must-have guide for true fans of the Chicago Blackhawks. Whether you’re a die-hard booster from the days of Major McLaughlin or a recent supporter of Duncan Keith, these are the 100 things all fans need to know and do in their lifetime. Bamford has collected essential Hawks knowledge, trivia, stats, and must do activities and ranks them from 1 to 100, providing an entertaining and easy-to-follow checklist as you progress on your way to fan superstardom!”
The book retails for $14.95 and is available at Triumphbooks.com. I hope they aren’t already sold out. If so, good luck finding that Snuggie!
From the Dec. 14-20, 2011, issue