- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Pro Hockey: Book perfect gift for the Blackhawks fan on your list
By Doug Halberstadt
If it were a football game, we’d be at the 2-minute warning. Instead, it’s the Christmas shopping season and the clock is merely winding down. Not to worry, though, if you’ve got a sports fan on your list. They are usually extremely easy to buy for. Get them something/anything that has their favorite team’s logo on it and,c voilà, you’ve got a great gift they’ll love and cherish for the rest of their life.
I have found a unique gift if you have a Chicago Blackhawks fan on your list. I assume it’s safe to say he/she already has everything from head to toe adorned with the greatest logo in all of professional sports. So this year, don’t get caught at the last minute running all over town looking for an officially licensed NHL Blackhawks Snuggie or Chia Pet.
Instead, take my advice and get them the book 100 Things Blackhawks Fans Should Know and Do Before They Die by Tab Bamford and a forward written by former Hawks’ player Jeremy Roenick. The 255-page soft-cover book is like a pre-written bucket list for the diehard Chicago hockey fan.
According to the back cover, this book “is the must-have guide for true fans of the Chicago Blackhawks. Whether you’re a die-hard booster from the days of Major McLaughlin or a recent supporter of Duncan Keith, these are the 100 things all fans need to know and do in their lifetime. Bamford has collected essential Hawks knowledge, trivia, stats, and must do activities and ranks them from 1 to 100, providing an entertaining and easy-to-follow checklist as you progress on your way to fan superstardom!”
The book retails for $14.95 and is available at Triumphbooks.com. I hope they aren’t already sold out. If so, good luck finding that Snuggie!
From the Dec. 14-20, 2011, issue