Rebuttal to: Why I occupy, by Christy Gutowski (from Nov. 16-22, 2011 issue)

December 14, 2011

If you had a job and didn’t expect the taxpayers to support you, you wouldn’t have the time or need to occupy.

Teachers belong to one of the, if not the, most corrupt unions in the United States. The unions demand and get outrageous raises, perks that the normal taxpayers (that still have a job) don’t get. Who do you think pays for those raises and perks so the union bosses can funnel their dues into payback to the crooked political (demon-cats)? Why can’t the union bosses use the teacher union dues to help the teachers feed, clothe and nurture children? I suppose you don’t own property; if you did, you would be seeing the value going down and taxes going up, and you would be paying those teacher unions.

I agree police and firefighters have a tough job; I couldn’t or wouldn’t want to do it.

They both belong to a union that demands and gets raises and perks normal taxpayers (that still have jobs) don’t get. Who do you think pays for these raises and perks?

Financial institutions didn’t take advantage of people’s dreams. People decided they could have it all and bought homes they couldn’t afford and could never possibly pay for. This was pushed by crooked politicians (do Barney Frank, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter come to mind?).

You don’t have a clue about “bad debt”; study and learn what “bad debt” is.

I wonder who this lone citizen is (Obama, maybe).

If you think President Bush abused power, how about Obama, [former House speaker Nancy] Pelosi, and [Sen. Harry] Reid? How about Obamacare? Wonder whom you voted for or if you voted in the last election?

Absence of civil debate and the spirit of compromise!!!

Union bosses — Let’s get those SOBs, and they can all go to H—.

Rational people don’t occupy private property, defecate, rape and try to shut down American institutions, American corporations. The very things that made this country great. You are not roaring, you are just proving what a bunch of rich people (financed by the socialists, fascists and communists) can do without any outrage from Obama, and the major (little three) news networks.

James C. Davis
Byron

From the Dec. 14-20, 2011, issue

1. Susan

December 14, 2011 at 7:14 am

Is this letter worth publishing? Nothing informative. Just bitter opinions not based on facts.

Because someone does not agree with you does not make them corrupt. ie teacher unions. Teachers’ pay for the most part is very poor. If they were paid over time for the actual hours they work districts would go bankrupt. Thre was a reason why the teachers are exempt from the Federal Act.

Of the thousands who occupied few did those horrible things. Actually, since we are using non-supported facts, many believed most of the crimes were from outsiders paid to destroy the movement. We applaud sit ins and defiance in other countries, but when people sit in, etc., we arrest and attack them. What is the difference?

Banks have a responsibility not to make loans that people cannot afford. It is also part personal responsibility. But if you have ever had a mortgage, most of the time you are pushed to the max to get something more expensive. At least this has been my experience.

American corporations did indeed contribute to make this country great; however, let’s not forget child labor, still a problem, unfair wages for women, people fired right before retirement, unsafe products, etc. Government regulation though not perfect has help to diminish those problems.

Most people support at least parts of Obamacare.

Do we really need someone calling others “SOB” and telling the to go to H___ in a newspaper.

There are proper ways to display and write displeasure.

2. James C. Davis

December 14, 2011 at 9:10 am

Susan:
    You sound like a product of the “Rockford Public School System. You jump in with both feet commenting on things you don’t understand. You are one of the obama droids,why can’t you see what is happening in America? The things I stated are true. If you reread my article, it was the unions calling hard working Americans SOB & telling then to got to H–l. How many people Tea Party Members, deficated on police cars, raped women?

3. Susan

December 14, 2011 at 5:12 pm

James:
    Calling me names just proves the point of what I was saying. I am not a fan by any means of Obama. Many people who were educated in Rockford by the Rockford School system are bright and intelligent. I happen not have been educated here. My education continued beyond high school. I think that I have a much better understanding of the economic situation today and the effect on our country than many people.
    I cannot answer how many Tea Party people have raped though there is no doubt some. But all of a group are not responsible for a few. Please learn to write more clearly. What you wrote was not what you meant.

4. David

December 15, 2011 at 9:51 am

Holy crap James… someone seems to have been wronged somehow by society? a union? a teacher? and he is taking it out on everyone around him but himself and those more responsible for all that is wrong? Seriously?

I won’t deny that some unions can make bad decisions, an occasional bad teacher, but you make it sound as if they are the only ones who are capable of such. What is it you are demanding? That public school be disbanded and replaced with for-profit education where the teachers may or may not be certified? Disband all unions and hope the business owners will do the right thing for the worker, despite being forced by law to squeeze profit any way they can?

As for the financial disater we face today, you show your lack of understanding by limiting your finger pointing to only the Democrats involved.

Ever heard of Phil Graham? Jim Leach? Thomas Bliley? Newt Gingrich? Alan Greenspan? Larry Summers? And so many more it would take more than an hour to tye out all their names.

These REPUBLICAN men are as guilty as the Democrats you mention, if not more so! But as usual, another Cluster Fox follower spews the corporate funded insanity that somehow it is only the unions and the Democrats who are to blame for everything.

What about Obama-Care? A more or less corporate give-away that has a few good things in it. I’ll tell you what, I’d be willing to stand with you in a full and complete repealing of Obama-Care, if it were replaced instead with HR676 as a public option. Otherwise, I’ll take this flawed bill, since it no longer allows for-profit so-called insurance companies to deny service due to preexisting conditions, and it forces those same for-profit monsters to spend 80-85% of the premiums they take in and spend it on health care!

For the record, not that I have to justify myself to you, but I work two jobs, my wife works and we still struggle to make ends meet even with cutting back on most things that make life more enjoyable.

As for those accusations that have been tossed about by the lunatic right-wing mouth pieces, like Andy Breitbart, Glenn Beck, and Sean Hannity… where is the proof of defacation upon cop cars, the rape, and all this apparent violence?

Then again… why I am even wasting my time to reply to your pathetic rant when you obviously don’t have a clue that Socialists, Fascists, and Communists are not the same people, nor would people of those ideologies ever work together! Certainly not for something as patriotic, wonderful, and American like the Occupy Wall Street movement!

Perhaps you might be willing to take the time to look up those political ideologies and know what you are talking about before you come back and comment again!

5. Mary

December 15, 2011 at 10:22 am

Wow, James.

“You sound like a product of the ‘Rockford Public School System’”.

Well I am. Are you insinuating that my opinion wouldn’t matter to you, because of that? You just ranted about things you don’t understand and then pointed fingers at Susan?

You don’t know the author of this letter you’re rebutting, and you don’t know any of us -yet you accuse others of not having jobs or debts or homes.

You’ve been brainwashed. When was the last time you took a critical look at our corporate regulations?

American corporations are NOT what made this country great. American ingenuity did that. This movement is attempting to bring some of that back to us.

6. John

December 15, 2011 at 11:37 am

James

I think you needed more hugs as a child, which you may still be from the uselessness of your ranting. Put on your big boy pants and do something constructive instead of just putting hateful speech out there. It would benefit the community much better.