- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Seven Keith students named Illinois State Scholars
Seven Keith Country Day School students have been selected as 2011 Illinois State Scholars. Recognized for outstanding academic achievement, the students are Ashley Cox, Madeleine Elyea, Kanhai Farrakhan, Angela Martinez, Paul Steffan, Olivia Tang and Michelle Zheng.
“These students should be very proud of their accomplishments. Our faculty and administration team congratulate them and wish them continued success with their education,” said Alan Gibby, Keith Head of School.
Illinois State Scholars rank in the top 10 percent of the state’s high school seniors from 711 high schools in 102 counties. Selection is based on SAT and/or ACT test score results and/or the students’ class rank at the end of the junior year of high school. The program does not provide a monetary award; however, qualified students are encouraged to list the honor on applications for college admissions and scholarships. The prestigious award is given annually by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC), which recognized 18,178 high school students from across the state.
From the Dec. 14-20, 2011, issue