- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Chandler Starr Miller deadline extended to Jan. 6
Registration deadline for the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s 2012 Chandler Starr Miller Scholarship Competition has been extended to Friday, Jan. 6, 2012.
In this competition, young musicians aged third grade through college (maximum age 25) from northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin will compete in 12 musical divisions for monetary awards. Application forms can be downloaded at https://www.mendelssohnpac.org/awards-and-scholarships/chandler-starr-miller/index.cfm.
The 2012 competition will be Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012. Competition locations to be announced. A Winners’ Recital featuring the first-place winner in each division will be at 2 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 26, 2012, at Second Congregational United Church of Christ, 215 N. Court St., Rockford. All competitors will be recognized at the recital.
Through this competition, now in its 51st year, the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center awards nearly $6,000 annually to students in Elementary piano and strings, Junior piano and strings, and Senior and College piano, strings, vocal and non-string orchestral instrument divisions.
Since 1884, the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St., has been a source of musical leadership and excellence for the residents of northern Illinois. Call the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center at (815) 964-9713 or visit www.mendelssohnpac.org.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2011, issue