- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
College Baseball: Rockford College, RiverHawks renew partnership
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Rockford College will once again call the RiverHawks’ stadium home in 2012.
The Regents and the Rockford RiverHawks announced Dec. 13 they have agreed to once again play the college’s home games at the professional baseball stadium.
Rockford College will play 25 games over 16 dates at the stadium, including several doubleheaders. The Regents’ first game in Loves Park is scheduled for March 30.
Both the Regents’ varsity and JV programs will play at the RiverHawks’ stadium next spring.
Regents Head Coach Bob Koopmann said: “The biggest thing it does is, one, give our players as well as our opponents a quality field to play on and a quality facility for the parents to watch a game at. Another big positive is how much it helps recruiting future Rockford College baseball players.”
The Regents compete in the Division III Northern Athletics Conference, and play from late March through early May. Rockford College won back-to-back NAC Tournament championships in 2007 and 2008.
RiverHawks Director of Operations Chris Daleo said: “This partnership benefits the college and the community. It gives Rockford College arguably the best facility in Division III, and the stadium’s seating capacity allows for more parents and local residents to watch the Regents play. The partnership also gives added exposure to our sponsors, and generates a greater presence of the RiverHawks name in the stateline region.”
The RiverHawks are members of the Frontier League, an independent professional baseball league that will play its 20th season in 2012. Advertising and season ticket information is available by calling (815) 885-2255. Fans can also visit www.rockfordriverhawks.com.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2011, issue