- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
Demonstration against McDonough County factory hog facility proposal Dec. 21
Online Staff Report
MACOMB, Ill. — A demonstration will be held prior to the McDonough County Board meeting Wednesday, Dec. 21, to protest the South Morgan Acres, LLC, hog facility proposal.
The county board intends to deliberate and issue a decision about whether to recommend approval or denial of the project to the Illinois Department of Agriculture at Wednesday’s meeting.
The South Morgan Acres, LLC, proposal is of great concern to area residents and “Clean Responsible Agriculture No CAFOs” (CRANC). South Morgan Acres, LLC, will house more than 18,000 hogs adjacent to the La Moine River and many nearby residences. The facility is affiliated with Professional Swine Management, which has a poor environmental track record.
The demonstration will be held at the east door of the McDonough County Courthouse in Macomb, Ill., at 6 p.m. Concerned citizens are encouraged to attend.