- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Demonstration against McDonough County factory hog facility proposal Dec. 21
Online Staff Report
MACOMB, Ill. — A demonstration will be held prior to the McDonough County Board meeting Wednesday, Dec. 21, to protest the South Morgan Acres, LLC, hog facility proposal.
The county board intends to deliberate and issue a decision about whether to recommend approval or denial of the project to the Illinois Department of Agriculture at Wednesday’s meeting.
The South Morgan Acres, LLC, proposal is of great concern to area residents and “Clean Responsible Agriculture No CAFOs” (CRANC). South Morgan Acres, LLC, will house more than 18,000 hogs adjacent to the La Moine River and many nearby residences. The facility is affiliated with Professional Swine Management, which has a poor environmental track record.
The demonstration will be held at the east door of the McDonough County Courthouse in Macomb, Ill., at 6 p.m. Concerned citizens are encouraged to attend.