- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
Demonstration against McDonough County factory hog facility proposal Dec. 21
Online Staff Report
MACOMB, Ill. — A demonstration will be held prior to the McDonough County Board meeting Wednesday, Dec. 21, to protest the South Morgan Acres, LLC, hog facility proposal.
The county board intends to deliberate and issue a decision about whether to recommend approval or denial of the project to the Illinois Department of Agriculture at Wednesday’s meeting.
The South Morgan Acres, LLC, proposal is of great concern to area residents and “Clean Responsible Agriculture No CAFOs” (CRANC). South Morgan Acres, LLC, will house more than 18,000 hogs adjacent to the La Moine River and many nearby residences. The facility is affiliated with Professional Swine Management, which has a poor environmental track record.
The demonstration will be held at the east door of the McDonough County Courthouse in Macomb, Ill., at 6 p.m. Concerned citizens are encouraged to attend.