- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Demonstration against McDonough County factory hog facility proposal Dec. 21
Online Staff Report
MACOMB, Ill. — A demonstration will be held prior to the McDonough County Board meeting Wednesday, Dec. 21, to protest the South Morgan Acres, LLC, hog facility proposal.
The county board intends to deliberate and issue a decision about whether to recommend approval or denial of the project to the Illinois Department of Agriculture at Wednesday’s meeting.
The South Morgan Acres, LLC, proposal is of great concern to area residents and “Clean Responsible Agriculture No CAFOs” (CRANC). South Morgan Acres, LLC, will house more than 18,000 hogs adjacent to the La Moine River and many nearby residences. The facility is affiliated with Professional Swine Management, which has a poor environmental track record.
The demonstration will be held at the east door of the McDonough County Courthouse in Macomb, Ill., at 6 p.m. Concerned citizens are encouraged to attend.