- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Demonstration against McDonough County factory hog facility proposal Dec. 21
Online Staff Report
MACOMB, Ill. — A demonstration will be held prior to the McDonough County Board meeting Wednesday, Dec. 21, to protest the South Morgan Acres, LLC, hog facility proposal.
The county board intends to deliberate and issue a decision about whether to recommend approval or denial of the project to the Illinois Department of Agriculture at Wednesday’s meeting.
The South Morgan Acres, LLC, proposal is of great concern to area residents and “Clean Responsible Agriculture No CAFOs” (CRANC). South Morgan Acres, LLC, will house more than 18,000 hogs adjacent to the La Moine River and many nearby residences. The facility is affiliated with Professional Swine Management, which has a poor environmental track record.
The demonstration will be held at the east door of the McDonough County Courthouse in Macomb, Ill., at 6 p.m. Concerned citizens are encouraged to attend.