- Responding to parents’ vaccine hesitance
- House turns to workers’ comp; workers, business interests testify
- Right-to-work not right for workers
- Several aspects of the Cubs bring optimism
- ‘Hogs handle Stars, move on to Grand Rapids
- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
Fire Department Division Chief Jim Strey to retire
The Rockford Fire Department will bid farewell to Division Chief Jim Strey at a retirement party to be held from 2 to 4 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 29, at the headquarters, 204 N. First St. Strey has had a long and successful career at the department, starting Nov. 16, 1981, as a probationary firefighter. He came up through the ranks, achieving the rank of lieutenant Aug. 19, 1991, then captain Dec. 16, 1996. He went on to become a district chief Jan. 3, 2009, and then division chief, the position he has held since March 17, 2009.
He and his wife, Jill, have two sons, Eric and Dan, who will be with him at the retirement party. The family lives in Cherry Valley. Refreshments will be served, and the public is welcome to attend and wish him well for the future.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2011, issue