- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Local resident shares story in Chicken Soup book
Becky Tidberg, of Winnebago, Ill., has had a story published in the latest book in the Chicken Soup series. Her story, “Valley of the Dammed,” appears in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food and Love, which contains recipes along with the stories. She is a frequent contributor to Focus on the Family’s Thriving Family magazine, and she enjoys speaking to women and parents. Tidberg is a mom of two and an extra mom to more than 100 foster children. She and her husband just celebrated 15 years of marriage.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2011, issue