- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
Local resident shares story in Chicken Soup book
Becky Tidberg, of Winnebago, Ill., has had a story published in the latest book in the Chicken Soup series. Her story, “Valley of the Dammed,” appears in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food and Love, which contains recipes along with the stories. She is a frequent contributor to Focus on the Family’s Thriving Family magazine, and she enjoys speaking to women and parents. Tidberg is a mom of two and an extra mom to more than 100 foster children. She and her husband just celebrated 15 years of marriage.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2011, issue