- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
On the campaign trail
Obama stated a few months ago that his highest priority was creating jobs. Then, he delayed a decision on the Canadian pipeline, holding up thousands of jobs, until “after the 2012 election.” Coincidence?? This kept unions off his back and delayed offending the environmentalists.
The Obama-staffed National Labor Relations Board is holding up the construction of a new Boeing plant in North Carolina, again thousands of jobs, because the unions do not want new factories in right-to-work states. These jobs will likely end up in China if an agreement is not reached.
This smooth politician held a news conference to announce that he was cutting $4 billion out of the government budget. The previous 10 months his administration increased the deficit by another trillion dollars. This was 250 times what he proposed cutting from his budget.
He accuses Congress of putting re-election ahead of our nation, and yet his every action is designed to assure his re-election. He cannot possibly run on his record, so he must continue his blame game.
Now, he says he needs another term to complete his work. The damage caused in one term is already more than we can stand.
Rolland O. Westra
From the Dec. 21-27, 2011, issue