- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Real Estate News: Habitat for Humanity of Boone County seeks partner family
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2012.
A Habitat partner family must meet the following criteria:
• Demonstrates a need for adequate shelter;
• Is willing to form a partnership with Habitat, and performs at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on the home;
• Is a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year; and
• Is able to pay affordable monthly mortgage payments.
Habitat representatives will answer questions and assist everyone in filling out applications.
Attend a Habitat presentation at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere, Ill. Presentations run 8:30-10 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 7, and 5:30-7 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 11. Call John Cover at (815) 288-6382 for details.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2011, issue