- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Real Estate News: Habitat for Humanity of Boone County seeks partner family
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2012.
A Habitat partner family must meet the following criteria:
• Demonstrates a need for adequate shelter;
• Is willing to form a partnership with Habitat, and performs at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on the home;
• Is a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year; and
• Is able to pay affordable monthly mortgage payments.
Habitat representatives will answer questions and assist everyone in filling out applications.
Attend a Habitat presentation at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere, Ill. Presentations run 8:30-10 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 7, and 5:30-7 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 11. Call John Cover at (815) 288-6382 for details.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2011, issue