- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Real Estate News: Habitat for Humanity of Boone County seeks partner family
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2012.
A Habitat partner family must meet the following criteria:
• Demonstrates a need for adequate shelter;
• Is willing to form a partnership with Habitat, and performs at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on the home;
• Is a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year; and
• Is able to pay affordable monthly mortgage payments.
Habitat representatives will answer questions and assist everyone in filling out applications.
Attend a Habitat presentation at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere, Ill. Presentations run 8:30-10 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 7, and 5:30-7 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 11. Call John Cover at (815) 288-6382 for details.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2011, issue