- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Real Estate News: Habitat for Humanity of Boone County seeks partner family
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2012.
A Habitat partner family must meet the following criteria:
• Demonstrates a need for adequate shelter;
• Is willing to form a partnership with Habitat, and performs at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on the home;
• Is a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year; and
• Is able to pay affordable monthly mortgage payments.
Habitat representatives will answer questions and assist everyone in filling out applications.
Attend a Habitat presentation at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere, Ill. Presentations run 8:30-10 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 7, and 5:30-7 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 11. Call John Cover at (815) 288-6382 for details.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2011, issue