- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Youth Baseball: Dec. 23 deadline for RiverHawks holiday camp
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The Rockford RiverHawks will host their Holiday Baseball Camp at Wallbangers Academy in Loves Park from Tuesday, Dec. 27 through Friday, Dec. 30.
The camp costs $40 for all four days, and is for kids ages 7-12. Campers will receive hitting, fielding and pitching instruction from RiverHawks Manager Rich Austin and other RiverHawks coaches. Each camper will also get a ticket voucher to a 2012 RiverHawks game.
“This four-day camp is a great opportunity for kids to get in offseason work with a group of professional coaches,” Austin said.
Each camp session begins at 9 a.m. and runs until noon. Campers are to be dropped off at Wallbangers at 8:30 a.m. The registration deadline is noon, Friday, Dec. 23.
To sign your child up for the holiday camp, contact the RiverHawks front office at (815) 885-2255. Wallbangers Academy is at 7135 Clinton Road in Loves Park.
The RiverHawks are members of the Frontier League, an independent professional baseball league that will play its 20th season in 2012. Advertising and season ticket information is available by calling (815) 885-2255. Fans can also visit www.rockfordriverhawks.com.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2011, issue