- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Freeport Art Museum in search of friendly, enthusiastic art guides
FREEPORT, Ill. — Freeport Art Museum (FAM) is looking for enthusiastic, friendly people ages 18 years and older to help expand its tour program. If you are eager to learn and share knowledge with groups of children, teens and/or adults, sign up to be an art guide at the FAM. No experience necessary; information and training will be provided.
Art guides serve as important members of the museum’s team; they are on the front lines, sharing knowledge about the museum’s permanent collection to student and adult tour groups.
Art guides are required to attend one training session per month to become familiar with the museum’s collection and to learn how to give the three most popular tours: Native American Illinois, Experience Egypt and Continents and Cultures.
Since most tours are taken by students, art guides must be available to give tours during school hours. Last year, the FAM hosted approximately 900 students for a tour and hands-on art making experience.
Art guides receive free membership to the museum and enjoy special privileges such as access to behind-the-scenes art tours and museum programs. To sign up or for more information, contact the Education Department at (815) 235-9755 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAM is at 121 N. Harlem Ave., Freeport, and is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Friday, and noon-5 p.m., Saturday. Admission to the museum is free, although donations are accepted.
From the Dec. 28, 2011-Jan. 3, 2012, issue