- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Freeport Art Museum in search of friendly, enthusiastic art guides
FREEPORT, Ill. — Freeport Art Museum (FAM) is looking for enthusiastic, friendly people ages 18 years and older to help expand its tour program. If you are eager to learn and share knowledge with groups of children, teens and/or adults, sign up to be an art guide at the FAM. No experience necessary; information and training will be provided.
Art guides serve as important members of the museum’s team; they are on the front lines, sharing knowledge about the museum’s permanent collection to student and adult tour groups.
Art guides are required to attend one training session per month to become familiar with the museum’s collection and to learn how to give the three most popular tours: Native American Illinois, Experience Egypt and Continents and Cultures.
Since most tours are taken by students, art guides must be available to give tours during school hours. Last year, the FAM hosted approximately 900 students for a tour and hands-on art making experience.
Art guides receive free membership to the museum and enjoy special privileges such as access to behind-the-scenes art tours and museum programs. To sign up or for more information, contact the Education Department at (815) 235-9755 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAM is at 121 N. Harlem Ave., Freeport, and is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Friday, and noon-5 p.m., Saturday. Admission to the museum is free, although donations are accepted.
From the Dec. 28, 2011-Jan. 3, 2012, issue