- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Hospice and Grief Center recognizes volunteers
During the 2011 Volunteer Appreciation Brunch, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center volunteers were recognized for a total of 135 years of committed service.
Volunteers Gus and Lola Gustafson were recognized for 30 years of volunteering. Larry and Lorna Wakefield and Gladys Williams were recognized for 15 years of service, Marcia Shaw and Gloriann Dawson were recognized for 10 years, and Kathy Lundy and Jerry Paris were recognized for five.
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center has more than 150 active volunteers.
From the Dec. 28, 2011-Jan. 3, 2012, issue