- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Hospice and Grief Center recognizes volunteers
During the 2011 Volunteer Appreciation Brunch, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center volunteers were recognized for a total of 135 years of committed service.
Volunteers Gus and Lola Gustafson were recognized for 30 years of volunteering. Larry and Lorna Wakefield and Gladys Williams were recognized for 15 years of service, Marcia Shaw and Gloriann Dawson were recognized for 10 years, and Kathy Lundy and Jerry Paris were recognized for five.
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center has more than 150 active volunteers.
From the Dec. 28, 2011-Jan. 3, 2012, issue