- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
Hospice and Grief Center recognizes volunteers
During the 2011 Volunteer Appreciation Brunch, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center volunteers were recognized for a total of 135 years of committed service.
Volunteers Gus and Lola Gustafson were recognized for 30 years of volunteering. Larry and Lorna Wakefield and Gladys Williams were recognized for 15 years of service, Marcia Shaw and Gloriann Dawson were recognized for 10 years, and Kathy Lundy and Jerry Paris were recognized for five.
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center has more than 150 active volunteers.
From the Dec. 28, 2011-Jan. 3, 2012, issue