- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Hospice and Grief Center recognizes volunteers
During the 2011 Volunteer Appreciation Brunch, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center volunteers were recognized for a total of 135 years of committed service.
Volunteers Gus and Lola Gustafson were recognized for 30 years of volunteering. Larry and Lorna Wakefield and Gladys Williams were recognized for 15 years of service, Marcia Shaw and Gloriann Dawson were recognized for 10 years, and Kathy Lundy and Jerry Paris were recognized for five.
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center has more than 150 active volunteers.
From the Dec. 28, 2011-Jan. 3, 2012, issue