- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
RVC student wins NetRiders competition
Rock Valley College student Casey Schoonover has won the Cisco Networking Academy NetRiders competition, a competition that started with 709 participants representing 39 states and six provinces in the U.S. and Canada.
Schoonover advanced through three competitive rounds and won first place Friday, Dec. 2, in a final round that included 44 competitors.
Cisco Networking Academy NetRiders is an opportunity for students and alumni to showcase their IT/Networking skills and gain visibility among talent recruiters in the growing ICT and networking field.
The competition is organized by Cisco as an opportunity for Networking Academy students to participate in a valuable learning experience by testing students’ Networking/IT skills through a series of online exams and simulation activities using Cisco Packet Tracer that cover CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) material. Each year, more than 10,000 Cisco Networking Academy students compete in NetRiders events in more than 80 countries.
As a grand prize winner, Schoonover has won a study trip to San Jose, Calif., for the week of Jan. 8-14, 2012. He will join 13 other international winners coming from Brazil, Chile, Dominican Republic, Germany, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Romania, Slovakia and South Africa. They will get to meet Cisco engineers and executives, tour San Francisco, Stanford University and other technology companies in the Silicon Valley.
For more about all the rules for this competition, as well as the frequently-asked questions, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/netriders.
From the Dec. 28, 2011-Jan. 3, 2012, issue