- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Wine and home brews featured at Jan. 6 Discovery After Dark
Hire a sitter for Jan. 6, because a Discovery Center concoction, “Fermentation Information,” is for grownups only!
Local partners Forest City Brewers, Artale Wine Company, Kryptonite, Carlyle Brewing and LaMonica Beverages will help get you in the “spirit.” Learn to layer liqueurs, turn juice into wine and top off your brain with home-brew basics.
You can also monkey with your favorite exhibits for hands-on fun; visit Peanuts … Naturally; explore the night sky; and participate in live science demonstrations. More than 200 hands-on exhibits will bring out the kid and scientist in you.
A cash bar by Giovanni’s and samples from local vendors augment this cocktail of relaxation, laughter and learning. The Discovery After Dark event is from 6 to 10 p.m., Jan. 6.
Reservations can be made online at www.discoverycentermuseum.org or by calling (815) 972-2839. Admission is $3 for museum members, $10 for the public.
The Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park at 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
From the Dec. 28, 2011-Jan. 3, 2012, issue