- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
- Tales from the Trough: Rockford skates into all-star break on high note
- Literary Hook: A poem for February
- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
Feb. 11 event benefits Northern Public Radio
Join WNIJ and WNIU Saturday, Feb. 11, for a dinner at Abreo in downtown Rockford followed by a concert by the Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO). All proceeds of ticket sales benefit Northern Public Radio.
The evening begins with food, drink and conversation among fellow listeners in Abreo’s private party room. Following dinner, the group will have seats waiting at the Coronado Performing Arts Center for the RSO’s “Valentine Bon-Bons” program, described as nine “bite-sized miniatures certain to warm the heart.”
Following the concert, guests of WNIJ and WNIU are invited to mingle with RSO musicians and friends at a private reception upstairs in “The Manager’s Apartment.”
Tickets for this evening of fine dining and music are $75 each ($150 per couple), and all proceeds benefit Northern Public Radio. However, seating is limited. Reserve your spot by calling (815) 753-9000 during business hours (8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday).
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue