- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Feb. 11 event benefits Northern Public Radio
Join WNIJ and WNIU Saturday, Feb. 11, for a dinner at Abreo in downtown Rockford followed by a concert by the Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO). All proceeds of ticket sales benefit Northern Public Radio.
The evening begins with food, drink and conversation among fellow listeners in Abreo’s private party room. Following dinner, the group will have seats waiting at the Coronado Performing Arts Center for the RSO’s “Valentine Bon-Bons” program, described as nine “bite-sized miniatures certain to warm the heart.”
Following the concert, guests of WNIJ and WNIU are invited to mingle with RSO musicians and friends at a private reception upstairs in “The Manager’s Apartment.”
Tickets for this evening of fine dining and music are $75 each ($150 per couple), and all proceeds benefit Northern Public Radio. However, seating is limited. Reserve your spot by calling (815) 753-9000 during business hours (8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday).
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue