- Riverside Community Bank announces merger
- Rockford Public Library announces choice for new director
- 27 businesses penalized for selling alcohol to minors
- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
Feb. 11 event benefits Northern Public Radio
Join WNIJ and WNIU Saturday, Feb. 11, for a dinner at Abreo in downtown Rockford followed by a concert by the Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO). All proceeds of ticket sales benefit Northern Public Radio.
The evening begins with food, drink and conversation among fellow listeners in Abreo’s private party room. Following dinner, the group will have seats waiting at the Coronado Performing Arts Center for the RSO’s “Valentine Bon-Bons” program, described as nine “bite-sized miniatures certain to warm the heart.”
Following the concert, guests of WNIJ and WNIU are invited to mingle with RSO musicians and friends at a private reception upstairs in “The Manager’s Apartment.”
Tickets for this evening of fine dining and music are $75 each ($150 per couple), and all proceeds benefit Northern Public Radio. However, seating is limited. Reserve your spot by calling (815) 753-9000 during business hours (8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday).
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue