- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Feb. 11 event benefits Northern Public Radio
Join WNIJ and WNIU Saturday, Feb. 11, for a dinner at Abreo in downtown Rockford followed by a concert by the Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO). All proceeds of ticket sales benefit Northern Public Radio.
The evening begins with food, drink and conversation among fellow listeners in Abreo’s private party room. Following dinner, the group will have seats waiting at the Coronado Performing Arts Center for the RSO’s “Valentine Bon-Bons” program, described as nine “bite-sized miniatures certain to warm the heart.”
Following the concert, guests of WNIJ and WNIU are invited to mingle with RSO musicians and friends at a private reception upstairs in “The Manager’s Apartment.”
Tickets for this evening of fine dining and music are $75 each ($150 per couple), and all proceeds benefit Northern Public Radio. However, seating is limited. Reserve your spot by calling (815) 753-9000 during business hours (8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday).
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue