- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Jan. 13 last day to purchase 2012 MELD calendar
Photographer Jeff Anderson and Rockford MELD have partnered to create a calendar of photographs that showcases the beauty and tranquility of Anderson Japanese Gardens as part of MELD’s 30-year celebration of “Growing Stronger Families” for our community.
The calendar is standard 11 inches by 14 inches in size, with 12 full-page scenes of the gardens ideal for easy matting and framing.
Calendars are $15 each. Last purchase date is Jan. 13, 2012. A limited quantity of calendars is available.
The following locations have calendars available for purchase: Stone’s Hallmark Stores, 5901 E. Riverside Blvd.; Pepper Creek, 7295 Harrison Ave.; Annie’s Gifts and Home Accents, 1643 N. Alpine Road; Privileges, 2636 McFarland Road; Nihan and Martin, 1660 N. Alpine Road; Crimson Ridge, 735 N. Perryville Road; Village Green, 6101 E. Riverside Blvd. and 2640 N. Main St.; Jenny’s Gift Shop — Swedish American Hospital, 1401 E. State St.; Benson Stone Company, 1100 11th St.; MELD office, 3703 N. Main St.; and online at www.rockfordmeld.org.
Proceeds from calendar sales will benefit MELD programs for young families. For more about MELD or their 2012 calendar, call the MELD office at (815) 633-6353, ext. 10, or go to www.rockfordmeld.org.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue