- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Jan. 30 deadline to enter 2012 RAMI Youth Charity Jam
Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) is searching for teen-aged bands to audition Saturday, Feb. 25, for the 2012 RAMI Youth Charity Jam. At least two-thirds of the band members must be 19 years of age or younger and attending high school in Winnebago, Boone, Ogle or Stephenson counties.
The top seven bands will advance to the 2012 RAMI Youth Charity Jam Friday, March 16. The first-place winner of the charity jam will receive $250, recording time from Darkhouse Productions and will be invited to perform at the 21st Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony April, 13.
The second-place winner of the competition will receive $200, and third place will receive $150. The band selling the most advance tickets to the event will receive $100.
The young adults performing for the RAMI Youth Charity Jam assist in raising funds for the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship.
RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship
The RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship, administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois, is to provide educational resources to graduating seniors from Boone or Winnebago counties who have a GPA of at least 2.5, plan to pursue a degree in music performance, education or composition, and are actively involved in school or community musical groups. Students must demonstrate financial need and be nominated by a music teacher. Application deadline is Feb. 1. For more information, contact Scholarship Officer James Patterson at the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois at (815) 962-2110, ext. 11.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue