- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Local author to sign books at Health & Wellness Fair
Local author and speaker Gloriann Dawson will sign copies of her new book, Chloe Tales, at Womanspace’s Health & Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 7.
Chloe Tales is the story of the life of Rockford’s first K-9 hospice volunteer and the pioneer of the hospice pet visitor program at Northern Illinois Hospice And Grief Center, as told by Chloe, herself.
The book starts with Chloe’s birth, and continues through her adoption, her adventures training, experiences in the show ring, two near-death illnesses, and her relationship and love for her best friend and handler, Gloriann.
Early reviews say “very funny” and “heart-warming” and “a must read for anyone who loves dogs.”
Womanspace is at 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford. Call Womanspace at (815) 877-0118 for more details about the fair.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue