- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Local author to sign books at Health & Wellness Fair
Local author and speaker Gloriann Dawson will sign copies of her new book, Chloe Tales, at Womanspace’s Health & Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 7.
Chloe Tales is the story of the life of Rockford’s first K-9 hospice volunteer and the pioneer of the hospice pet visitor program at Northern Illinois Hospice And Grief Center, as told by Chloe, herself.
The book starts with Chloe’s birth, and continues through her adoption, her adventures training, experiences in the show ring, two near-death illnesses, and her relationship and love for her best friend and handler, Gloriann.
Early reviews say “very funny” and “heart-warming” and “a must read for anyone who loves dogs.”
Womanspace is at 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford. Call Womanspace at (815) 877-0118 for more details about the fair.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue