- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Local author to sign books at Health & Wellness Fair
Local author and speaker Gloriann Dawson will sign copies of her new book, Chloe Tales, at Womanspace’s Health & Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 7.
Chloe Tales is the story of the life of Rockford’s first K-9 hospice volunteer and the pioneer of the hospice pet visitor program at Northern Illinois Hospice And Grief Center, as told by Chloe, herself.
The book starts with Chloe’s birth, and continues through her adoption, her adventures training, experiences in the show ring, two near-death illnesses, and her relationship and love for her best friend and handler, Gloriann.
Early reviews say “very funny” and “heart-warming” and “a must read for anyone who loves dogs.”
Womanspace is at 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford. Call Womanspace at (815) 877-0118 for more details about the fair.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue