- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Local author to sign books at Health & Wellness Fair
Local author and speaker Gloriann Dawson will sign copies of her new book, Chloe Tales, at Womanspace’s Health & Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 7.
Chloe Tales is the story of the life of Rockford’s first K-9 hospice volunteer and the pioneer of the hospice pet visitor program at Northern Illinois Hospice And Grief Center, as told by Chloe, herself.
The book starts with Chloe’s birth, and continues through her adoption, her adventures training, experiences in the show ring, two near-death illnesses, and her relationship and love for her best friend and handler, Gloriann.
Early reviews say “very funny” and “heart-warming” and “a must read for anyone who loves dogs.”
Womanspace is at 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford. Call Womanspace at (815) 877-0118 for more details about the fair.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue