- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Local author to sign books at Health & Wellness Fair
Local author and speaker Gloriann Dawson will sign copies of her new book, Chloe Tales, at Womanspace’s Health & Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 7.
Chloe Tales is the story of the life of Rockford’s first K-9 hospice volunteer and the pioneer of the hospice pet visitor program at Northern Illinois Hospice And Grief Center, as told by Chloe, herself.
The book starts with Chloe’s birth, and continues through her adoption, her adventures training, experiences in the show ring, two near-death illnesses, and her relationship and love for her best friend and handler, Gloriann.
Early reviews say “very funny” and “heart-warming” and “a must read for anyone who loves dogs.”
Womanspace is at 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford. Call Womanspace at (815) 877-0118 for more details about the fair.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue