- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Relay For Life receives Cancer Society award
Relay For Life of Winnebago County was awarded the American Cancer Society’s prestigious Relay All Star Award at the society’s recent Relay Leadership Summit in Itasca, Ill.
With this award, the Illinois Division of the American Cancer Society honors Relay events that achieve significant fund-raising and participant growth. In 2011, Relay For Life of Winnebago County raised approximately $122,491 with nearly 562 participants.
“By supporting Relay For Life of Winnebago County, our volunteers are helping us save more lives faster,” said Mary E. Pierce, chairman of the board of the American Cancer Society’s Illinois Division. “We invite all Winnebago County residents to join us in fighting for every birthday threatened by cancer at this year’s Relay.”
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue