- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Relay For Life receives Cancer Society award
Relay For Life of Winnebago County was awarded the American Cancer Society’s prestigious Relay All Star Award at the society’s recent Relay Leadership Summit in Itasca, Ill.
With this award, the Illinois Division of the American Cancer Society honors Relay events that achieve significant fund-raising and participant growth. In 2011, Relay For Life of Winnebago County raised approximately $122,491 with nearly 562 participants.
“By supporting Relay For Life of Winnebago County, our volunteers are helping us save more lives faster,” said Mary E. Pierce, chairman of the board of the American Cancer Society’s Illinois Division. “We invite all Winnebago County residents to join us in fighting for every birthday threatened by cancer at this year’s Relay.”
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue