- Letter: AP courses do not replace Running Start
- Cubs bullpen making waves as offense wanes
- Wired Cafe marks 5 years downtown
- TRRT Online Edition | July 8-14
- Most state workers pay frozen
- AG’s, comptroller’s offices to meet in court Tuesday
- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
Relay For Life receives Cancer Society award
Relay For Life of Winnebago County was awarded the American Cancer Society’s prestigious Relay All Star Award at the society’s recent Relay Leadership Summit in Itasca, Ill.
With this award, the Illinois Division of the American Cancer Society honors Relay events that achieve significant fund-raising and participant growth. In 2011, Relay For Life of Winnebago County raised approximately $122,491 with nearly 562 participants.
“By supporting Relay For Life of Winnebago County, our volunteers are helping us save more lives faster,” said Mary E. Pierce, chairman of the board of the American Cancer Society’s Illinois Division. “We invite all Winnebago County residents to join us in fighting for every birthday threatened by cancer at this year’s Relay.”
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue