- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Relay For Life receives Cancer Society award
Relay For Life of Winnebago County was awarded the American Cancer Society’s prestigious Relay All Star Award at the society’s recent Relay Leadership Summit in Itasca, Ill.
With this award, the Illinois Division of the American Cancer Society honors Relay events that achieve significant fund-raising and participant growth. In 2011, Relay For Life of Winnebago County raised approximately $122,491 with nearly 562 participants.
“By supporting Relay For Life of Winnebago County, our volunteers are helping us save more lives faster,” said Mary E. Pierce, chairman of the board of the American Cancer Society’s Illinois Division. “We invite all Winnebago County residents to join us in fighting for every birthday threatened by cancer at this year’s Relay.”
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue