- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Relay For Life receives Cancer Society award
Relay For Life of Winnebago County was awarded the American Cancer Society’s prestigious Relay All Star Award at the society’s recent Relay Leadership Summit in Itasca, Ill.
With this award, the Illinois Division of the American Cancer Society honors Relay events that achieve significant fund-raising and participant growth. In 2011, Relay For Life of Winnebago County raised approximately $122,491 with nearly 562 participants.
“By supporting Relay For Life of Winnebago County, our volunteers are helping us save more lives faster,” said Mary E. Pierce, chairman of the board of the American Cancer Society’s Illinois Division. “We invite all Winnebago County residents to join us in fighting for every birthday threatened by cancer at this year’s Relay.”
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue