- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Rockford College senior 2011 Lincoln Laureate
Rockford College senior Samuel Randall, of Caledonia, Ill., has been selected as a Lincoln Academy Student Laureate for 2011, a statewide honor that recognizes college seniors in the state who demonstrate excellence in curricular and extracurricular activities.
At a ceremony Nov. 5, Randall received a medallion at the Student Laureate Convocation at the Old State Capitol in Springfield, along with an honorarium check and certificate of achievement. The event marked the 37th year students have been honored by the academy.
A combined biochemistry and classics major, Randall has been extremely active in college life at Rockford, with involvement in student government as a senior senator. He is president of the French and German clubs on campus, and is a member of the Judicial Board. He also served as the Board of Trustee student representative. His goal after graduation is to enter medical school and pursue an MD/Ph.D. Regarding the award, he said, “It is a privilege to join the many exceptional students that have gone before me.”
Each fall, an outstanding senior from each of the four-year degree-granting institutions of higher learning in Illinois is awarded the Student Lincoln Academy Medallion and thereby becomes a Student Laureate of The Lincoln Academy of Illinois.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue